Every month we have a variety of exciting events going on here at Valley Forge Flowers, and they all take place at The Barn right across the way from the main VFF shop! See below for all the fun we’ve got going on in June.
LOCAL SPOTLIGHT SATURDAY Saturday, June 20, 10:00 am- 3:00 pm. Free! No registration required. Bring the family to a day of fun and celebrating local small businesses featuring:
- A visit from Yellow Spring Farm’s baby goat!
- Taste Yellow Spring’s delicious goat cheese, Mert’s gourmet pecans & nuts, Crisp & Co’s pickles & preserved veggies & Haigis Fine Food’s artisan breads. Leave room for John & Kira’s extraordinary chocolate confections.
- Waltzing Mathilda USA, a brand founded here in Wayne specializing in handcrafted leather sandals, bags and accessories. They will be rolling in on their vintage airstream presentation trailer with their full line of leather goods.
COOKING FROM “SHEET PAN SUPPERS” BY MOLLY GILBERT – $25 per person. Reserve your place by three days before the event. Learn to make a delicious dish, and then take it home to enjoy with your family! You may make additional portions to take home for $15 each. – Salmon with Roasted Cucumbers & Dilled Yogurt Sauce Thursday, June 18, 2 sessions: 1:00 pm or 4:00 pm – Roasted Arctic Char & Asparagus with Pistachio Gremolata Thursday, June 25, 2 sessions: 1:00 pm or 4:00 pm
AN EVENING WITH MASTER SOMMELIER MARCO AVIGO Tuesday June 30th, 6:00-7:30pm – $50 per person Limited to 14 guests Call 610-687-5566 Enjoy a guided wine tasting “Pinot Grigio – What is Great and What is Fake!” Sommelier Avigo will bring select wines and speak on the importance of the soil, climate and grape selection. Expect to be entertained, learn a lot and enjoy wonderful stories with the youngest Master Sommelier of the Italian Sommelier Association in Milan.
- FAIRY GARDEN WORKSHOPS – $50 per person
Every Saturday and Sunday at 1:00pm Join this popular workshop. We’ll supply the container, soil, gravel, plants and instruction along with a little fairy, too.. Additional decorations are sold separately.
MOSQUITO-BE-GONE ARRANGEMENT – $50 per person Sunday, June 21, 11:00 – 12:00 noon Learn what plants are great for repelling bugs and use them to create a bug repellant arrangement.
- MAKE AN HERB WREATH – $50 per person
Sunday, June 7, 11:00 – 12:00 noon. The aroma and look could be satisfying enough, but it gets better. If you like, allow the wreath to dry to keep as decoration, or snip the herbs to put into your favorite recipes.
- CREATE A CASCADING ARRANGEMENT– $50 per person Sunday, June 14, 11:00 – 12:00 noon. Create a cascading arrangement Also called a “Waterfall” arrangement; enjoy making a design that truly flows from the container.
GET TROPICAL – $50 per person Sunday, June 28, 11:00 – 12:00 noon. It’s getting hotter outside, so let’s bring a bit of the “tropics” inside too. See how weaving foliage and showcasing warm weather flowers become a showstopper any time of year.
- KID’S COOKING WORKSHOP – $25 per person
Sunday, June 14, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm Learn to make breakfast for Dad! Father’s Day is June 21st. We’ll make coffee, scrambled eggs, sausage & hash browns.
VICTORY GARDEN SERIES – $25 per classTuesdays, 4:00 – 6:00 pm
Hands-on gardening and cooking activities for children. Lessons & recipes derived from Amanda Grant’s Cook School. See our BLOG for more detailed info on this event!– GROW AN AVOCADO PLANT on your windowsill! We’ll make kid’s-style guacamole, chips & fresh limeade.
Tuesday, June 9– BERRIES are abundant! We’ll make lemon-berry-ade and berry crunch parfaits.Tuesday, June 16– HERBS-GALORE! We’ll try many varieties, then we’ll make Herb Ranch Dressing for a kid’s-style salad bar.Tuesday, June 23Want to get monthly emails to find out what events are going on at Valley Forge Flowers? Give us a call or stop in and we’ll add your email address to our mailing list!