We are excited to announce our newest activities for kids- Little Victory Gardener’s Cooking Series! Bring the little ones for hands-on gardening and cooking activities. Classes will meet in the Barn at Valley Forge Flowers on Tuesdays from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM. Children ages 4-7 meet for classes on the first & third Tuesdays of each month. Children ages 7-11 meet for classes on the second & fourth Tuesdays of each month. Please see below for more info!
- Gardening Lesson- Each class will feature a gardening lesson & activity. Topics include seed germination, organics, composting, etc.
- Cooking Lesson- Each class will feature a cooking lesson. We will use the seasonal vegetables and fruit from the garden & the Lancaster Farm Fresh CSA. Lessons & recipes are derived from Amanda Grant’s, Cook School.
Class Costs & Materials:
- Amanda Grant’s book Cook School
- Children’s cooking tools kit. Each student is asked to purchase his/her own kit.
- Space is limited. Registration is required. $25 per student. Give us a call or stop in to save your spot!
- Garden Lesson Topic: seeds to food growth process
- Garden Activity: germinate seeds
- Cooking Lesson Topic: seeds we eat
- Cooking Activity: Cook School’s berry crunch parfait made from homemade granola
Sample Class for children age 7-11:
- Same Lesson Topics & Activities as above, but more in-depth
- Cooking Activity: Cook School’s fruit & seed bread
If you’d like to reserve your spot or have any questions, please give us a call or visit us at the shop. 610-687-5566. We look forward to seeing you there!